HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT WITH PCOS? 10 useful tips for weight loss
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a sign of hormonal imbalances, which causes irregular periods, hair fall, hormonal acne, weight gain etc. Women with higher levels of PCOS have male hormones and are less sensitive. It’s the most common hormonal disorder for women of childbearing age. It can affect the ability to have a child.
PCOS is a syndrome that leads to cysts growing on a woman’s ovaries. It happens when the sex hormones estrogen and progesterone when they out of track.
Between 5% and 10% of women between the age of 15 and 44 have PCOS. Most women find this problem in the age of 20s and 30s when they have problems getting pregnant. But PCOS can happen at any age after puberty time.
If symptoms are neglected, women with PCOS overweight also be at risk for:
• Heart Diseases
• Endometrial Cancer
• High Blood Pressure
Not to worry below are 10 useful tips to lose weight
- Eat more fibre: Fibre helps in reducing insulin level and also excess fat from the body. Fibre foods like avocado, broccoli, sweet potato, sprouts, turnip, kidney beans, carrots, guava, apples, flax seeds, oats, barley.
- Consume high protein foods: Proteins add value to the meal. Yes, you read it right. If protein intake is correct, you will feel energetic. You also can opt for protein shakes.
- Practice mindful eating: Eating mindfully leads to awareness in understanding your body needs if you are hungry or not. Avoid snacking and instead eat sprouts as a snack.
- Avoid processed food: Best and natural way to lose weight by avoiding unhealthy food, pre-packed food. As it contains more sugar and bad fats. Stick to a healthy eating lifestyle
- Reduce inflammation: Inflammation refers to the immediate response of your body on injury, infection, or damage. Which is very common in women with PCOS, try with the Mediterranean diet, which includes fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, omega 3 rich foods, fish oils etc.
- Regular physical activity: Both cardio and weight training is necessary to reduce weight and keep insulin on track.
- Maintain sleeping pattern: lack of sleep leads to inactivity and causes obesity, 7-8 hours of sleep is essential for a healthy body.
- Manage your stress: Chronic stress increases belly fat and obesity, try different techniques like yoga, meditation, and other stress-relieving habits.
- Intake supplements: If you are facing PCOS symptoms start taking supplements, but be sure to consult a nutritionist before experimenting anything. Inositol and carnitine are popular supplements for PCOS treatment.
- Consume fermented food: Healthy fat bacteria helps in metabolism which leads to weight loss. Eat high probiotic foods like yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut and notice the changes.
Maintain a balanced diet, avoid processed good, include rich fibre and protein supplements. Which helps in weight loss. Healthy lifestyle, stress management and physical exercise also matters