Cucumber water gives a refreshing feel and is easy to make. It also has several health benifits. Cucumber is a powerhouse of minerals and vitamins.
Let’s see the major health benifits of cucumber water:
- Weightloss – Replace beverages with cucumber water it helps in the easy reduction of some calories from your diet if you trying to lose weight.
The female body requires 8-9 glasses of water and the Male body requires 12-13 cups of water in a day.
- Hydration – staying hydrated is the key to a healthy body. Water removes all the toxins from the body, hence water is a must throughout the day, if you feel bored of drinking plain water, add cucumber slices and mint to add a refreshing feel.
- Lowers Blood pressure – Too much salt or too low potassium is bad for a body, it contributes to higher blood pressure. Cucumbers are a rich source of potassium and certainly help lower blood pressure.
- Healthy skin – Hydrated body support glowy skin inside out. Cucumber contains Vitamin B-5, through which acne is treated. Antioxidative damage can lead to many health issues like cancer, heart diseases, diabetes, etc. Cucumbers are rich in nutrients and antioxidants. Consuming cucumber water regularly is very helpful.
- Regulate Cholesterol – Cucumber consists of antioxidants which help in reducing bad cholesterol from the body give a nice exposure to gut health. A 100grms of raw cucumber has only 15 calories.
Nutritionists say cucumber should be consumed with peel, even the peel has nutritious value. To make it interesting have it with a sandwich, blend into a smoothie or as a salad with the meal.
Cucumbers are rich in antioxidants like,
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin A
Cucumber water recipe:
- 8 cups of water
- 2 cucumbers sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- Add cucumber slices and salt in a large jar
- Add water and stir well
- cover a lid and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight
- drink it within 3 days
- To make it flavourful you can add anyone from the below
Lemons, mint leaves, ginger, basil leaves, or oranges.
5% of daily recommended Vitamin B-5 is present in a cup of sliced cucumber. 100grms of raw cucumber contains 16mg of calcium, which is helpful for bones and teeth.
Hope this article is informative and easy to understand the health benifits of cucumber water. Leave a comment below if you found this helpful.